We’re asking for students’ help to reduce the amount of stuff we throw away when students leave their Halls.
You can help us collect all sorts of things – we’ll sort through them, check them and hand them out for free to new students in September.
You can leave things in your re-use bag in your Halls room, in bags in Halls lounges, or take them to central re-use collection points. We’ll be putting the bags out just before your move-out date.
- Pots, pans and kitchen stuff should be taken to the Chaplaincy
- Rooms bags can take CDs/DVDs, books, sealed toiletries, stationery, binders, staplers, rulers, small electricals including printers, calculators and other clean items
- Lounge bags are segregated into 3 bags in each Halls lounge and can take “clean clothes and textiles”, “small electricals” and “other” items
- Bicycles – if you’re leaving a bike contact email@example.com or ext. 8454 for collection.
- Leave sharp kitchen knives in Halls kitchens for later clearance
Moving out of a private flat in the city centre?
Transition Heriot-Watt staff will be in the Halls during moving weekends, ask us for help or contact your Halls warden for advice.