Transition Heriot Watt is working with Sustrans, the UK’s leading sustainable transport charity, to find volunteers to train to promote active travel at Heriot Watt.
Could you be a Champion?
Champions are people who are active (by foot or bicycle) or want to be more active. They are good communicators, good motivators and can be a source of support and encouragement for others. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
As a champion you are required to organise a minimum of one activity every two months and to log the activities you organise.
As an Active Travel Champion you could plan and deliver some of the following activities:
- Organise a group ride/walk
- Promote walking and cycling events such as Skyride and Walk for Health day
- Hold an information stand or advice clinic
- And Sustrans will help you develop your own ideas
Why be a champion?
- Develop your leadership, communication and influencing skills through specialised training
- Make a difference to people’s health and the environment
- Join Sustrans, the UKs leading sustainable transport charity
If you are interested in becoming a champion please contact Kelly@transitionheriot-watt.org.uk
The role is supported by Sustrans who are working in partnership with us to provide you with training and all the materials and support you will need. Training will take place at Heriot Watt.
Fo the volunteering brochure: click here